- Select a Company (Company > Select a Company > Select Company from drop
- Go to Company > Connections > Current Shareholders
- Make a note of the total amount of shares in the company (located bottom left of the
- Click Dividend Distributions > Add a Distribution Payment
Now you’re on the Dividend Distributions page, you have two ways of entering a distribution
- Enter a Distribution Amount (how much money you want to give out in total,
make sure the amount can be divided between the total amount of shares to the
nearest pound and penny).
- Dividend per share.
- Then enter the year ending date (The company's accounts end of year date - this is
usually automated but do check)
- Enter the Date of payment
- You can also enter in a qualifying date, in the ‘to members registered on’ bar (to give
dividends to shareholders who owned shares before a certain date)
- Click Make Voucher Records
This will then create two things:
- A Distribution Report showing you how many dividends each shareholder has
- PDF Dividend Vouchers (Dividend Receipt) for each shareholder which can be
emailed to them, this is downloaded for single vouchers or as an entire batch
You can also click Save (pending):
- That will save the transaction as pending and will not make the vouchers
- If you need to correct that run you can simply click on the green pencil and re-enter the
amount of distribution , which means that you can correct it without doing the Re-run
- Or click/ pick up the green pencil to then Make Voucher Records
If the amount of dividends given out creates a strange amount (e.g £0.55678) then the system
will warn you. To fix this:
● Click Fix Later
● Find out how many shares there are in the company by going to Current Shareholders.
At the bottom of the table there will be a total of how many shares there are in the
company. Take a note of this number.
● Go back to Dividend Distribution > Edit Distribution > Correct and Re-run (if the
vouchers were already created) and this will delete the old “incorrect” Dividend Voucher.
● Then enter a Distribution amount that can be divided by the amount of shares.